Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Perfect Bed-Weather Food: Wabi-Sabi's Ramen Padilla



While waiting for the opening of our college friends’ exhibit at The Collective, we decided to grab a quick bite at Wabi-Sabi Noodle House and Vegetarian Grocery. 

My boyfriend’s been raving about this place non-stop after trying it with some of his officemates. So, last night, since we're in the area,  it’s raining, and I am craving for something hot, I decided to give it a shot.

Wabi-Sabi Noodle House, The Collective
My handsome hubby getting our food. :)
Wabi-Sabi Noodle House, The Collective
Wabi-Sabi's Wall of Fame filled with polaroid photos of all celebrities who have tried
either their Ramen Padilla or Fernando Pho Jr.

Wabi-Sabi Noodle House, The Collective
Wabi-Sabi Noodle House, The Collective
The place exudes a cozy, feel-good Asian vibe. 
George Harrison's song was playing when we got there: instant plus points. 
The staff seemed nice and the service was quite fast as well.

Wabi-Sabi Noodle House, The Collective
Wabi-Sabi's Fried Vegan Haru Maki Spring Rolls
We ordered Vegan Haru Maki spring rolls for starters.
 I’m not sure what’s in it but I tasted nori and some banana blossoms.
 It’s paired with a soy sauce and mustard dip. It was so good, 
I bet even a five-year-old kid wouldn't mind eating the flavorful veggies inside. 

Their Thai milk tea... Well, I’m a fan of milk teas. Needless to say, I enjoyed it to the last drop.

Wabi-Sabi Noodle House, The Collective
Shoyu Ramen 

 A steamy bowl of shoyu ramen on a rainy night while The Beatles is playing on the background: perfect!:)
I am no ramen expert, but in my opinion, Wabi-Sabi's Ramen Padilla is delicious. Plus, the price is also reasonable.  A bowl of shoyu ramen or pho only costs 95 pesos. 
All in all, I enjoyed my first Wabi-Sabi Experience. My boyfriend and I will probably come back to try  their Fernando Pho Jr., vegan chocolate, or ice cream real soon. 

If you like good food, especially flavorful Asian dishes, but also want to explore healthier options, then Wabi-Sabi is the place to be.  



The Collective, 774 Malugay St San Antonio, Makati
Contact Number: (02) 519-3950

No comments:

Post a Comment